Tuesday, April 22, 2014


Garden Work Day

http://filbertstreetgarden.blogspot.com/2013/04/grand-opening-fundraiser.html

On Saturday, April 19, I went to the Garden Work Day with some of the class. One fun occurrence happened when I was about enter into the garden and several children stopped me. They told me point-blank that I had to sign my name on the sign-up sheet before I went in the garden. It was funny and happy that they took their jobs seriously.  Most of time I was helping with the garden and following the orders of Jason and Stephanie. I did plant some of strawberries in the new area to help spread the strawberries. I helped set up with the wood poles for a different area of blueberries plants.  All of the AMST students and Dr. King helped with planting four plum trees. We then worked putting mulch on several different areas of the garden. It was a good and beautiful day to work outside. At the end of the Work Day, I was satisfied, tired, and happy to help some with the garden.


                On the committee, the group is still in the process of designing two different projects which are the garden gala program and green space tour brochure . Hopefully, we will get the information that we needed to put into our project soon. We desire start to our projects this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment