Tuesday, April 15, 2014






As my partner Bonnie said on her blog, “Trying to get donations for our event is easier said than done.” Bonnie and I decided to work together as a team to try to get donations from Annapolis’ local businesses. At first, I emailed about 17 businesses on April 7th and 9th. Unfortunately, we received no responses except one response to decline. On Saturday April 12th, we decided to go to hit the streets in Annapolis downtown. We visited the businesses that I already emailed and stopped by any local business. Most of people we spoke to were willing to listen to us and often gave a name to follow up on Monday or Tuesday. We were able to get donations from two local businesses. First was ARMADILLO’s, the owner was very friendly and enjoyed talking with us about the Filbert Street Garden. The second donation was from a restaurant called Crush Kitchen &Winehouse. It was a good day of hard work and a learning experience for us.



On the committee work, the group continues to work on several divided projects. The projects are a brochure of green space and a program of local history and art. This week, the group will work on a design for both projects.

On my documentation/written projects, I continued to go to the Pratt library for sources in hopes to find some background and information on my two places. My two places are Bethlehem Fairfield Shipyard and Sparrows Point. Hopefully, I will finish it soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment